Monday, June 11, 2012

New York Color-Lavender Cupcake, New York Color-249B & Orly-Oui, Savvy-Gotcha Grape

Day 6 of the 31 Day Challenge- while I thought it was going to be the most fun of the challenges so far, I was wrong. COMPLETELY WRONG! Today was awful!
102_2845
This is my final result of today’s challenge. I used New York Color’s Lavender Cupcake.
102_2848
My excuse for the photos being blurry is that it had just stopped raining, and it was getting late.
Before I had a decent result today, I first had on Savvy’s Gotcha Grape.
102_2825
It is a very pretty polish, but I didn’t have time to take pictures today before leaving the house (while they were tacky). They were smudged and the tips looked pretty bad once I got home
102_2826
(the little dots on my nails are raindrops. It began to sprinkle once I started taking pictures)
Next up is the result of me trying to create a smudge-free purple manicure:
102_2829
102_2828
This is New York Color’s 249B. While, these nails are smudge free, they are not purple. I thought for some reason that this looked purple in the bottle. After realizing it was burgundy, I thought I could try putting a purple polish over it to make it actually look purple. I chose Orly’s Oui…
102_2836
…and again, it proved to be a bad choice. (please excuse me not cleaning up my cuticles!) At this point, it was actually raining, so these pictures were taken underneath my deck.
Please tell me that I am not the only one who has bad nail days! Today was just a mess. I hope tomorrow ends up nicely, especially because the challenge is black and white. I don’t really have any room for error with black, considering it usually turns my cuticles black once I take it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment