Thursday, July 25, 2013

Third In Line Nail Art

It’s a boy! The third in line is a boy!

I'm not one of those people that held onto my seat every second while Kate was in the hospital, but I do think the birth of her son is worthy of some nail art.

I had an idea in mind of what I wanted the flag to look like- I wanted a baby blue background, but I actually do not own any true baby blue polishes! I worked with what I had, though.

DSCN2951

For my ring finger I used a base of China Glaze – Electric Beat, then used a white Stripe Rite striper and a striping brush dipped in a red Lacura Polish to create the Image of a flag.

For the rest of my nails I used a base of OPI – So Many Clowns…So Little Time. For my pinky, middle, and thumb nails I used two coats of OPI – Which Is Witch?. For my index finger created a dot gradient (can we call it that?) using China Glaze – Electric Beat, my red Lacura polish, Julie G – My Private Palace, L.A. Colors – Live, Sinful Colors – All About You, and Orly – Au Champagne.

DSCN2954

DSCN2972

Thanks for reading!! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. i love how this came out!! my favorite is the dotty nail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the dotty one is my favourite too :)

      Delete