Friday, July 26, 2013

Ziggy Nail Art

Today’s post is pretty special. Today is my mom’s birthday, and I NEVER know what to get her. She’s one of those people that if you ask what she wants, she’ll tell you that she doesn’t want or need anything. I do believe I nailed it this year, though. If there’s one thing I know she loves, it’s our dog, Ziggy. I decided to buy a canvas and some child safe (dog safe) finger paints, and let Ziggy take care of the rest.

That painting and the little artist was the inspiration for my nails.

DSCN2982

I attempted to recreate his masterpiece by painting all of my nails white, then diluted some polish and went at it with a detail brush. The polishes used include: NYC – French White Tip, Finger Paints – Scenery Greenery, Pure Ice – French Kiss, Sinful Colors – Unicorn, Sinful Colors – Boogie Nights, and Wet N Wild – Black Crème. To recreate the matte effect of a canvas, I topped my non-accent nails off with two coats of Hard Candy – Matte-ly In Love (this polish is kind of streaky).

For my ring finger, I used NYC – French White Tip as my base, and then I used acrylic paint for his face.

DSCN2990

This is the picture I used for reference (and yes- he does always have his tongue sticking out! haha!:

ziggy nailspiration

It wasn’t until now did I realize why I had taken this photo- For cosmetology, we had to create a portfolio, and one of the requirements was that we needed a “creative hair colour.” My friend that offered to let me temporarily colour his hair bailed on me, so my mom let me do hers. As a joke, I also put this photo of Ziggy in there too and labeled it “creative fur colour.” My teacher had a good laugh! And before anyone goes and says I abuse animals, just know that I don’t. He was/is perfectly fine :)

DSCN2996

This was his work of art:

DSCN2983

My mom didn’t expect me to get her anything, so she was stunned when I pulled out a wrapped box. She gave me a disapproving look, saying I shouldn’t have gotten her anything, but once she opened it, she was delighted. She loves it, and the only complaint she has is it’s too small. haha! She thinks it would make a great wall mural. haha!

Thanks for reading as always!

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I love this creative present from concept through execution. Your representation of Ziggy on your nail, well...nailed him. I'm glad your mom liked this...it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Delphi! Ziggy thanks you as well :)

      Delete
  2. omg i can't deal with how adorable this is, both the nails ad your doggy's painting!

    ReplyDelete