Monday, August 19, 2013

Chowder Nail Art

A few days ago my brother and I were talking about how there aren’t any good cartoons for kids these days, and then he mentioned Chowder. He went on to say how stupid we originally thought it was, and then once we watched it, we thought it was the funniest dumb show! …And now I sit here, typing this with Chowder and Shnitzel on my nails…

To be honest, I haven’t been in a paint-my-nails mood. I like the idea of having fun nails, but don’t want to sit down and do something intricate. I’ve also been lacking in the creative department. With that said, I know I could have don’t a lot better with these nails, but they’ll just have to do.

DSCN3237

I wasn’t sure what I wanted on all of my nails besides Chowder and Shnitzel, but when I was looking up Chowder pictures, I knew an easy and fun pattern would be Truffles’ mushroom hat.

DSCN3241

I’m not going to list all of the polishes used, but I’ll state the base colours. The Green is China Glaze – Tree Hugger. The yellow is China Glaze – Solar Power. The pink is Nicole by OPI – Be Ama-zing!, and the orange is Sally Hansen – Sun Kissed.  I used a black Stripe Rite to outline the characters (which wasn’t the smartest idea. I should have used a detail brush, but was too lazy to find a nice precise one). If you want to know the other polishes used, let me know :)

DSCN3236

What cartoons did you watch as a kid?

Rada Rada!

6 comments:

  1. When I opened this post, my mother's caretaker glanced over and said, "Chowder!" Since our weather today is predicted to be 102 degrees, I doubted she was making a dinner suggestion. :) But it is true I had no idea what she was talking about until I read your post. You are an amazing artist. I wish I was as facile with just the striper brush. I have the same brand as you and used it on my mani today just to make one stripe down the center for a ladybug design. Let's just say if real ladybugs had the same off-kilter wings as the ones on my mani, they would fly only in circles. :) I think your mani is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That is too funny!
      Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! I'm sure your ladybugs turned out very cute :)

      Delete
    2. I tried the same design today after I changed my base coat to a powder blue. I did better with their wings but one eye on the ladybug on my middle finger is wonky. Maybe I'll send you a picture. Meanwhile...what is YOUR next creation?

      Delete
    3. Blue ladybugs sound really cute! I'd love to see them :)
      My next creation is a work in progress. It's simple, but what I'm doing with it is a hassle for me. Whatever could it be?! Hmmm... ;)

      Delete
  2. wow these are amazing! you did such a great job, so cute!

    ReplyDelete