Friday, January 17, 2014

Faint Holographic Galaxy Nails

I’m finally able to post up to date nails because these don’t exactly have an expiration date like holiday themed nails. Actually, these were the nails I wore for New Year’s. They were originally inspired by Doctor Who because I was going to add a red bow towards the cuticle (to represent the 11th Doctor), but decided against it. Some other time, my dear. Some other time.

DSCN3654

I used China Glaze – When Stars Collide for the base and sponged on China Glaze – Get Outta My Space, Cosmic Dust, Don’t be a Luna-tic, Take a Trek, Funky Fingers – Jester, NYC – White Tip, and Rimmel London – Silver Bullet. I also used KleanColor – Holo Chrome and Savvy – Touch of Glitter to accentuate some areas. I added some holographic star glitters and made some stars using a white striper. I added a coat of China Glaze – Fairy Dust over it all.

DSCN3655

These nails were lots of fun an rather subtle. Next time I’ll use more white so it’s a little more visible.

DSCN3656

Thanks for reading! I hope everyone’s doing well :)

3 comments:

  1. This is the most amazing galaxy manicure I have seen in a long time! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the purple background. Nice change for galaxy nails. It's amazing you can use all those different polishes and still come up with a subtle design. Ditto the white striper stars. They are so integrated into the overall design, they don't pull focus but still remain important and contribute to the whole look. Very, very nice. I'm just a tiny bit jealous at your talent. No. I'm a liar. I'm a LOT jealous. :) Delphi

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly these are the most perfect galaxy nails I have seen! literally space on your nails!

    ReplyDelete